Scroll To Top
General Terms & Conditions
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE MEANING: Means the main gemstone and any accompanying gemstones and the metal used (Sterling Silver, Gold and Platinum) is Guaranteed to be what it says on the official receipt/certificate given at that time of purchase to the customer. The customer is solely responsible of taking care of the piece of jewellery purchased and necessary maintenance done to jewellery if needed. All jewellery.
- Lihiniya Gems Guarantee DOES NOT cover the following: General wear and tear , Accidental damage, damage caused by mishandling or misuse of the article, items being dropped on a hard surface where gemstones might come off the settings, rough use of Jewellery (swimming, diving, wearing jewellery while using corrosive liquids, driving while wearing Eternity Rings, Natural Disasters. If for some reason the Main stone of the jewellery article purchased came off, it will be reset free of charge by Lihiniya Gems. However bringing the damaged Jewellery back to the store (42A,Hospital Street, Fort Galle, Sri Lanka) along with the main stone and the official receipt and any certificates issued to be fixed will be the sole responsibility of the customer. Items repaired by a third party (NOT FROM US) will VOID the guarantee and we (Lihiniya Gems) will take no responsibility of the product afterwards unless it was/has been agreed with us (Lihiniya Gems) by writing (Email, Letter).
- Customer Responsibility: Like any new product, Jewellery needs servicing and considerable maintainance on a timely basis. We at Lihiniya Gems advice all our customers to take their items to a reputable Jeweller/Goldsmith and get items checked at least every six months. This helps keep your jewellery in good condition and would minimise any damages and loss. (e.g: claw set gems should be checked for loosened setting after a while)
- JEWELLERY REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE: Maintenance, alterations and repairs will be done free of charge except when we (Lihiniya Gems) have to replace Gemstones/Metal. Jewellery not purchased from us will be first lab tested to confirm the quality of the metal the jewellery is made of and the gemstones checked by a qualified gemmologist.
- RETURNS & EXCHANGES: Returns & exchanges will ONLY be accepted if the item purchased has been proven* not to be the item sold/mentioned on the official receipt/Certificate (*Proven by a competent authority on Gemmology e.g. GIA, GEM-A of Great Britain, GRS, etc. or for Jewellery/Metals, an authorised organisations (e.g. Essay offices of any country) should accompany a full testing report on the percentage of precious metal and alloys. Returns/Refunds are only issued when bought the item in to the store with all relevant documentations and the product in original condition as when sold. All items will be checked and verified by sending the items to the relevant authorities/organisations (NGJA/Gemmologist/Metal Testing/Diamond Graders) to be verified if the item and documents match the items and documents given at the time of sale before refunds are processed. If you paid by Card, card processing fees will be deducted before issuing refunds. The refund amount will be calculated
- Items made to order/Custom Orders are NON REFUNDABLE.
- CERTIFICATION: Most of our Sapphires, Precious gemstones and some valuable semi precious gemstones carry Certificates from Independant Internationally Qualified (GIA, FGA) Gemmologists. Independent Gem stone certification service done upon request and is free of charge for stones of a certain value or higher (Please ask for details) Certification for items below this value is usually done by our own in house GIA qualified Gemmologist. Certification is done by the NGJA (National Gem & Jewellery Authority of Sri Lanka) which is the government authority & Regulator on Gems & Jewellery or by a GIA/FGA qualified independent Gemmologist). Guarantee/Certification for individual gemstones up to 0.50cts, Semi-precious Gemstones and Sterling Silver Jewellery will be the INVOICE/PAYMENT RECEIPT. “Certificate of Authenticity” is printed and issued by Lihiniya Gems and carries the Lihiniya Gems official logo, official seal and the official signature. Certificate requests have to be made before the order has been placed (For independent Gemmologist Certificates).
- FURTHER CERTIFICATION: Further certification/testing of our Gems & Jewellery can be done at the GOVERNMENT FACILITY which is the NGJA (National Gem & Jewellery Authority of Sri Lanka) which is the authority & Regulator on Gems & Jewellery at No .25, Galle Face Terrace, Colombo 03, Sri Lanka.
- SHIPPING/POSTAGE: The necessary shipping charges, customs duty, tax on the items will be paid in Sri Lanka by Lihiniya Gems depending if the article qualifies for free shipping. Once the item has reached the destination country it will be the responsibility of the receiver of goods to pay the correct amount of customs duty/tax depending on the destination country laws.